Sunday, May 2, 2010

READ THIS!

No really, do read this. I am introducing myself.

Hi, I am Joe, and I am a music listener. I have been a music listener for about 10 years now. I guess it really all started with my father. When I was a kid, he would come home from a long day of work, and listen to an album or two. But soon he was playing guitar and just becoming addicted. He began quoting lyrics and humming tunes. Soon, he would even make my mother sing along with him. It was traumatizing to say the least. So as a young boy, I was deeply scarred and I promised myself I would not falling into the same mistakes as my father. Then as I got older I became curious. I would listen to a soundclip here or there. Just turning on the radio for one song, nothing to much. I could handle it, I was nothing like my father. But I was wrong, soon one song on the radio turned into buying my first cd, and then to my eventual downfall in starting a vinyl collection. I know live a life addicted to music and I feel like it has ruined relationships with potential friends (well, I still think it is their faults, maybe they should decide to not have such bad tastes in music.) So now I find myself at the pinnacle of pretentious hipsterdom, addicted to music with no intention to quit, and realizing, man it is lonely on the top. Well, not anymore. Looks like Tori joined me on the lonely summit of elitism and together we hope to peer pressure you all into listening to some good music for once, and becoming addicts just like us.

Thanks!

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment