Monday, June 7, 2010

"Nebraska" by Bruce Springsteen

This is my second favorite album ever. I know every word and every chord. Every track on it is perfect. Bruce had initially expected for this mix to just be a demo. Just recorded it on a 4 track and was gonna bring it to the studio and have a full band. But he didn't. What was left was Bruce, Bruce, and Bruce. Every track is haunting and beautiful. The words now have an intensely new meaning to me, but I'm sure that I will never love the album less because of this.

Today marks the beginning of a new period in my life, I suppose. I haven't recorded or written in a long time. I don't know if I ever will again. Chances are I probably will, but oh well who cares. It's getting warm outside lately. I want to breathe fire again. I want to stand out under the stars. I hope that one day I get lost and never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment